Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blessed by the garden fairy

Hymenocallis littoralis
[Spider Lily, White Spice,Seashore Crinum, Crinum Lily,
文殊兰,水鬼蕉 , 蜘蛛兰]

I've grown this Spider Lily for more than a year already, and it was almost thrown away by my mum as it's not doing well. Good things are worth the wait, I supposed. I spotted the sprouting a few days earlier, and I intent to following it's development until it re-joined the garden fairy eventually.






Updated: 21 Mar 09

Updated: 22 Mar 09 - The end is near


Looks like its days are numbered with 2 remaining ones to go.
It will join the garden fairy for good soon...

Updated: 27 Mar 09 - The end is here!! (Farewell)

A native of tropical America, this lily has individual clusters of white frilly flowers with funnel shaped centres borne on tick flattened stems. It has strong analgesic properties comparable to that of morphine. [A Guide to Toxic Plants of Singapore]

No comments:

Post a Comment